Spray Technician – Farmville, Virginia
NaturChem is seeking qualified, hardworking individuals who are looking for a family-oriented company, who love working outside with equipment like tractors and heavy-duty trucks, and who want to achieve big results while learning and growing within a team environment.
Our Spray Technicians come from all walks of life (agriculture, construction, warehousing, beverage distribution, and fitness training are some examples). Our technicians service customers throughout our territory covering fourteen states. Our services include herbicide applications for growth regulations as well as mechanical services like cutting and clearing. We train all employees on-site. We always expect our technicians to follow our safety policies in all circumstances and lead by example. This is not a landscaping job. We use heavy equipment and we have EPA regulations that must be followed.
Working from a tractor or heavy-duty truck you’ll be working outdoors applying herbicide to control vegetation for our customers (transportation, utility, industrial, etc.).
What Qualifications are Best for this Job:
· Physically able to work outdoors, on your feet, in various conditions
· Experience operating light/heavy-duty trucks
· Experience with 100+hp tractors
· Generally, mechanically inclined
· Better than average knowledge of basic tools
· Some exposure to centrifugal pumps and 12v wiring
· Math skills to include basic multiplication and division, percentages, measurement conversions
· Good driving record (MVR) for the last three (3) years
· Basic functionality with Apple Products (iPhone, iPad, Mac)
· Ability to navigate and create maps in Google Maps
· Comfortable maintaining digital paperwork, filling out forms online
· Ability to travel overnight
· Over 21 years old
· Can successfully pass pre-employment and post-employment screenings (drug and background)
**CDL is a plus
**Equipment Experience is plus
Pay & Hours:
· $30,000-40,000 annual salary depending on experience
· Salary increase available upon obtaining a Virginia Herbicide Applicator License
· 45-55 hours per week are routine in this position
· Employee will be required to report to our Farmville, VA regional office every other week for meetings/training throughout the first 3-6 months of employment and after, as needed.