Vegetation Management Technician – Candidates should live or be willing to commute to Lexington, SC area daily.
NaturChem is seeking qualified, hardworking individuals who are looking for a family-oriented company, who love working outside with equipment like tractors and heavy-duty trucks, and who want to achieve big results while learning and growing within a team environment.
Our technicians come from all walks of life (retail/warehousing, beverage distribution, and fitness training are some examples). Our technicians service customers throughout our territory covering fourteen states. Our services include herbicide applications for growth regulations as well as mechanical services like cutting and clearing. We train all employees on-site. We always expect our technicians to follow our safety policies in all circumstances and lead by example. This is not a landscaping job. We use heavy trucks and equipment and we have EPA regulations that must be followed.
Working from a heavy-duty truck you’ll be working outdoors applying herbicide to control vegetation for our customers (transportation, utility, industrial, etc.). There will be an opportunity to learn a variety of services and equipment. A “jack of all trades” is preferred.
There is a great opportunity for someone to grow their position within this office working alongside a great team. The right candidate can help expand this division and have opportunities to grow within the company.
What Qualifications are Best for this Job:
**CDL is REQUIRED
**Equipment Experience is plus
· Physically able to work outdoors, on your feet, in various conditions
· Knowledge of how to protect yourself in heat exposure conditions
· Ability to walk several miles per day
· Ability to routinely lift 50lbs
· Experience operating light/heavy-duty trucks
· Experience with 100+hp tractors
· Generally mechanically inclined
· Better than average knowledge of basic tools
· Math skills to include basic multiplication and division, percentages, measurement conversions
· Good driving record (MVR) for the last three (3) years
· Basic functionality with Apple Products (iPhone, iPad, Mac)
· Ability to navigate and create maps in Google Maps
· Comfortable maintaining digital paperwork, filling out forms online
· Ability to travel overnight
· Over 21 years old
· Can successfully pass pre-employment and post-employment screenings (drug and background)
Pay & Hours:
· $32,000-36,000 annual salary depending on experience and CDL
· Salary increase available upon obtaining a South Carolina Herbicide Applicator License
· 45-55 hours per week are routine in this position
Important Information about NaturChem’s Hiring Process:
Applying on Indeed is not your final step. Your application for this position is not complete until a NaturChem, Inc. application has been submitted on our website above. Your NaturChem application will be reviewed to see if you meet our qualifications and submitted to the local hiring manager for review. He/she will contact you to conduct an interview. All offers of employment are subject to a criminal background and drug screen. Driving positions require a “clean” three-year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
NaturChem, Inc. and its affiliates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NaturChem, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this job please visit naturchem.forms-db.com.