NaturChem is seeking a qualified diesel mechanic to perform maintenance and repairs on our vehicles and equipment for the Greenville, North Carolina service group.
NaturChem is a family-owned company providing vegetation management services across the south and southeast. Our team depends on our mechanics to keep operations moving with safe, well-maintained equipment. If you want to “own the shop” and be an impact player to the team, this is the right position for you.
Our equipment includes 2500, 3500, 5500 diesel trucks, small engines, lawnmowers, weed eaters, pumps for spray trucks.
Mechanic experience must include:
· Must be able to have full understanding of preventive maintenance and inspection procedures including a basic knowledge of filtration, fluids and analysis to repair diesel engines, small engines, pumps, oil changes, filters, etc.
· Full knowledge of correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments, and identifying worn and damaged parts
· maintaining records of preventative maintenance
· IT and diagnostics knowledge
· roadside and on-the-job repairs as needed
· maintaining a clean and safe shop
· other related duties
Requirements to Apply:
· Minimum five (5) years of experience working in a diesel repair shop
· Class-A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A) required
· Clean motor vehicle driving record (MVR) for three (3) years
· Must pass background check and drug screening
· Must be over 21 years of age
· Must have own tools and be proficient with tools and equipment
· Ability to travel 2-3 nights on the road per month for maintenance, as needed
· Ability to lift 50lbs routinely
· Ability to work on ladders up to 10ft
· Ability to work 40-50 hours per week
· Ability to work occasional weekends to prepare equipment for deployment
*ASE or other certification and fabrication experience are plusses for this role!
Things that set you apart:
· Servicing equipment correctly on the first attempt as required avoiding unnecessary downtime
· Working within the compliance of all Safety/Company Policy and Procedures
· Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines related to operational needs
· Self-sufficient with the ability to work independently without direct supervision
· Experience working within budgets while achieving safety and production goals
· Takes ownership of the shop with a passion for doing quality work
· Keep a clean/organized shop
· Good verbal communication and organization skills
If you have worked in the following as a diesel mechanic, you are encouraged to apply: diesel repair shop, trucking company, military fleet services, heavy equipment repair.
Salary & Benefits:
· Hiring range: $45,000-$55,000 to start depending on experience
· Opportunity for advancement
· Company cell phone
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
· Life, STD/LTD insurance
· 401k with company match
· Paid holidays and leave
Your completed application will be reviewed by the hiring manager. Upload a resume if you have one.
NaturChem, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NaturChem, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.